Season summaries

7 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
David Sinclair
Moderator Registered
Topic starter
(@davidsinclair)

Hi all. Thanks for the intro - very useful to be able to see what's on the site and how to navigate.

My main question/suggestion is season summaries for teams - I missed the first 15 minutes so not sure if this was mentioned. It would be good to be able to select a team and season and show all games (the way RLP do it for example). I do like being able to select team vs team as well though.

One other small thing. Non-playing subs are shown in italics in the team lists for each game, but for clarity it would be useful to put a comment at the foot of the page to highlight what a name in italics means.

Thanks again. I didn't have anything to add cos I was half asleep when I logged in - 1 a.m. Brisbane time meant I had to set the alarm and then dozed through it!

6 Replies
Chris Lines
Admin
(@valhalla_origin)

Yes, I'm a fan of the team and season scenario. That's the next job that I'm hoping to box off next week whilst on Annual Leave.

I've added in the note about non-playing substitutes to the match detail page 🙂 

Neil Ormston
Admin
(@neilormston)

Good suggestions David, and massive effort even setting the alarm clock for 0100 😀 

1 Reply
David Sinclair
Moderator Registered
(@davidsinclair)

@neilormston
I'm good at setting alarms. Sadly I'm also better at switching them off in my sleep. I should probably put my clock out of arms' reach...

David Sinclair
Moderator Registered
Topic starter
(@davidsinclair)

Thanks guys. I know you'll get bombarded with queries/suggestions at this early stage.

Do you plan to add overall season summaries in at some stage (league tables, cup results etc)?

David Sinclair
Moderator Registered
Topic starter
(@davidsinclair)

...and another two. Would it be possible to add a club filter on the player directory? I would guess that most people would be coming in to look at their own club first, and putting a club filter in would enable people to see just their own clubs' players. I'm partly thinking ahead to when you add the winter records. Leeds currently have over 1350 players from 1895 to date, so when you add all clubs the number of players will be enormous, even separated alphabetically. Also there's currently no way to tell if a player played for your club until you click on them.

Linked to the above, in the Fev heritage site they have the club debut highlighted. You could also add the 'club number' or similar (including Heritage Numbers for info where clubs have published them), or do you envisage adding these sorts of fields when you get to mini bios for each player?

I'm happy to wait for all this by the way - I think your prioritising accuracy of records is the best first step. I'm just thinking what I'd be interested in if I was coming into this new.

Page 1 / 2
Share: